Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cause for concern?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cause for concern?

    Every prediction that I have seen thus far has Clintwood beating GC by at least a TD.

    What I can't understand is that last year this same bunch of Blue Devils pretty much beat the socks off of this same bunch of Greenwaves. (The lone significant graduate being Parks).

    I know that Clintwood has matured and we have some absolute MEN on our team and we are the odds on favorite in D1, but I just feel uncomfortable being the favorite over GC.

    Don't get me wrong Greenwave fans, I think we are more than deserving to be picked over GC and I believe that we should win, it just feels weird.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cause for concern?

    IMO both of those teams are in for an absolute war. CW is a great team, but really all GC lost was parks, and his replacement isn't bad at all. I think CW wins...but it'll be the hardest fought victory they have had in years.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cause for concern?

    I believe CW is the best team, but I wouldn't be surprised if GC won. Both teams are very physical. IMO, its a matter of who turns it over the least. Good luck to both teams though.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cause for concern?

    Wow I'm agreeing with Greencrest, thank goodness its not on the political board. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

    Last years game worries me as well. I do think that that it being at Clintwood instead of Gate City helps, but it is Gate City, so I have no ability to feel confident at all.

    I hope we win naturally, but I just hope we make it through healthy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member curveball08's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2008
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cause for concern?

    Both teams are more or less equal, it will come down to what always decides games like this and that is heart, execution, and coaching.

    I give Clintwood the big W at Ralph's stadium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •